Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pile #2 almost complete







Well, it looks like the guys will be almost done with the earlage (spelling?) pile tomorrow. So that means move on to wet corn or beans early next week. From what I could hear over the radio (that is usually my mode of staying informed since I don't see the hubby much these days : ) ) it seems the corn yield is looking pretty good with all the nice rains we've had this spring and summer, even though it was late in getting planted. Kierra, Caleb & I got to ride with Eric for a couple loads yesterday so we got to experience the earlage process and see Daddy too! We rode with Eric in the field that is behind Marybeth and Grant & Rebecca's places--the field you could get lost in. I think Eric drives in circles when he plants that field. I honestly don't know how the trucks even find the chopper. All I know is I'd be lost in that maze of corn....

No comments: